Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Devil's Dream


As I prepared to leave for Florida in late March 2012, I decided that it would be a good thing to have an audio book or two to listen to on my drive.  My son and my son-in-law are fans of audible.com, so I joined and downloaded several choices.  Most of what I read at home are non-fiction or information on the internet.  I decided to choose more frivolous titles for my entertainment while I drive.  Well.....I am hooked!  It is so much fun to be reading fiction again after many years of having been away from that genre.

The book that I just finished is The Devil's Dream by Lee Smith.  I really liked the book.  I really like Lee Smith.  It is about Country Music and Appalachia Mountain People and lives in the mountains in the mid to late 1800's and early 1900's.  All of those things are things that I am particularly interested in.  I found myself wanting to listen to the tunes that were named via iTunes as part of the experience.  However, the thought that I want to capture for this blog is from page 5 of the paperback edition:






No comments:

Post a Comment