Friday, October 23, 2015

Still Alice

I found my self unable to keep from talking with others about this book.  The author did such an excellent job of moving through Alice's thoughts as her terrible disease took it's toll on Alices brain and on her life.  Alice was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's disease at the age of 50.  The disease moved very quickly.

Others told me that the movie was excellent.  I will probably watch it at some time.  However, there is no way that the movie could depict that thoughts that were in Alice's head as she dealt with Alzheimer's every day of her life after her diagnosis.  

I don't want to ruin the story, so if you haven't yet read the book, you might want to quit reading right now.  I just want to comment for my own later reading that the end was very satisfying.  The family made such good decisions on how to resolve the problems that they faced and how to deal with Alice as her disease made her more and more out of touch with the world around her and the family that loved her.

Excellent book!

No comments:

Post a Comment