Sunday, September 18, 2016

The Land of the Painted Caves

This was not my favorite book in the series.  The author felt the need to remind the reader of every detail that had happened in the lives of Ayla and Jondalar.  Even with that said, I found myself sad to leave their story after having read through  the entire series this summer.

From the wikipedia I found the following that I found of interest:

....a series of novels set in prehistoric Europe that explores human activities during this time, and touches on the interactions of Cro-Magnon people with Neanderthals. As of 2010 her books have sold more than 45 million copies worldwide.

She has developed a close friendship with Dr. Jean Clottes of France who was responsible for, among many other things, the exploration of the Cosquer Cave discovered in 1985 and the Chauvet Cave discovered in 1994.  

It was also of interest that Jean Auel used the money made on her first book sales to do MORE research and meet in person the people who had helped her via long distance correspondence on the details of the book.  

But if you have not read my other blog posts I encourage you to see the reasons that I began reading the books in the first place.  I am convinced that my own ancestors were descended from these people of the Painted Caves found in France during the last ice age.  Scroll down to read my other posts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment