Saturday, November 10, 2018

Joy Luck Club




I read this book by Amy Tan many years ago when I was not much older than the young women in the book.  I loved it then.  When the Book Club decided to read it for October's selection, I almost did not reread it.  But then I decided that I would listen to it on audible.  I think that I loved it even more now that I am the age of the older women in the book.  I didn't get to go to book club after all in the month of October.  I was sorry as I would have liked to hear what other women had to say.  I had a bit of trouble keeping the stories straight and figuring out to which of the characters each story connected.  I thought that it was because I was listening to the book rather than reading it.  But Mitzi said she found the same thing to be true even though she read a printed copy.  The truth was that it didn't make any difference which part of the mosaic one attributed which story to.....it was the interweaving of all of the stories which made the whole so wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment