Thursday, November 24, 2022

Horse


I started the book on the day before Thanksgiving while recuperating at Sarah's home in Boston
after knee replacement.  Oh, my....Books such as this one don't come around every day.  I have always loved Geraldine Brooks.  I have read most if not all of her books.  But this book is really one of those books just meant for me!  I love it.  I am listening and knitting.  Here is a short bit of a review found on Amazon:

A discarded painting in a junk pile, a skeleton in an attic, and the greatest racehorse in American history: from these strands, a Pulitzer Prize winner braids a sweeping story of spirit, obsession, and injustice across American history

Kentucky, 1850. An enslaved groom named Jarret and a bay foal forge a bond of understanding that will carry the horse to record-setting victories across the South......

 

No comments:

Post a Comment