Wednesday, August 5, 2020

The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry



I am reading this via audible.  I mentioned to a buddy that many years ago when my life was BUSY with babies and husband and all sorts of miscellaneous "stuff", I read a book about a book club.  I think that the name of it was "And the Ladies of the Club".....and I loved it.  But many of my buddies in that time period didn't love the book....not enough action.  But if I remember this correctly my life was overly busy and I relished the calm and slow moving book  Now in this very slow moving time of lock downs and social distancing, I find this book to be a bit slow....not enough action.  I believe that if I had read it in a busier part of my life, I would have liked it much more.

In December 2023 I found myself finishing one book and starting The Glorious Cause.  I LOVED the first part about the battle of Brooklyn Heights and decided I did not want to read any more until January when I had more time and more concentration. 

 I had enough people who really liked this book and so I finished it.  And I was glad that I had finished it.  It had a very nice closing to it.  Or then perhaps I liked it better because I was again in a very busy part of my life....who knows?


No comments:

Post a Comment