Sunday, August 9, 2020

'Til the Well Runs Dry

 

This book is a change of pace for me.

This has been a difficult book for me.  The politics of Trinidad are too hard,  The characters' lives are too hard,  But I turned it on tonight.  I had to write down .....hmmm....what is his name....Farouk....his mother comes to visit him in prison. She says that "they" have asked her to come.  And he looks at his very pretty mother and wonders why his father was able to "Win her as a wife" ....and it comes to him,  Her difficult personality cause her parents to just choose anyone who would  "take her away".....she is from an Indian family.  And the main character who is her son is thinking that she may have married below her family's wealth and her beauty.  It is an interesting thought.

The book continued to be too hard for it's entirety.  But I could not leave it unfinished.

No comments:

Post a Comment